Chikara Post-Aniversario blog:
Changes, Conspiracy Theories, Where I Go From Here, and A Brief Mention of The Dutch
Chikara's current status is largely unknown right now. The remaining shows they had announced for the year are now listed as cancelled on their website. This would imply that they are no longer doing business. On the other hand, updates were made to the roster page which would be sort of odd for a dead company. There are several weeks before the allegedly cancelled next show. In the interim I will be keeping an eye out for any changes. I suggest everyone do the same.
This blog is going to undergo a few changes from my original plans for it. When I started writing these posts (less than a week ago, but it feels like a different lifetime) I figured I would just continue to discuss the events that led to the matches at each new show, write a reflection and a review after I saw the show and maybe do some profiles of the wrestlers themselves. That changed yesterday. Derek Sabato put everyone watching last night's show on alert about Chikara's mysterious parent companies; Worldwide Media Development and their owners the Titor Conglomerate. Everything I find on them (and there has been very little so far) just leaves me with more questions. They are a puzzle and I may post from time to time about any pieces I fit together. I never planned on this being a conspiracy blog, but calling it "Knowwon is Talking About This" sounds almost prophetic now.
There are often things in life that we don't come out and say because people feel awkward about showing enthusiasm for something, but sometimes there is a time and a place. I've heard a lot of negative things from people since yesterday's show and many of them seem angry. Others seem to have decided that Chikara simply is no more and have tried to tell me that there is no point even talking about it from here on. If I haven't already made it clear then let me say it now: I love Chikara. It is what I think wrestling should be. It's Cool in its own way. It has Heart. It is a form of Art. It shows Respect for the fans and for the history of the sport. It' Awesome. And it's fun! I'm not giving up on it so easily.
In the last 24 hours I've begun researching a lot of strange things that may be connected to how "Never Compromise" ended. I sent a message to the Titor Conglomerate and hope to hear a response soon. I also contacted the International Society for the Research and Preservation of Paranormal Artifacts. I don't think they are involved in this, but I think they might unknowingly have some answers that could help, plus I think they do interesting work.
I was planning on posting my explanation of Archibald Peck's time travel adventures tonight, but I stumbled on a new detail that seemed important and want to research it fully before I post my analysis.
What Knowwon is thinking:
1. Knowwon forgot to mention that on commentary last night Bryce Remsburg was openly criticizing Wink Vavasseur. After the fact this makes it seem like Bryce knew something was going down and felt he had nothing to lose with his statements.
2. Knowwon is sad to report that regardless of the status of Chikara, The lovely Veronica Ticklefeather revealed today that she has left the company. She has indicated her intention is to travel for a while and that she may return someday. I wish her the best of luck and look forward to seeing her at ringside again in the future.
3. Knowwon asks that anyone who has information on Chikara's status, the Titor Conglomerate, Worldwide Media Development, or Condor Security, please send me a message at knowwonattawl@gmail.com
4. Knowwon would like to end this on a lighter note by mentioning that Blogger shows a geographical breakdown of who is viewing my posts. I was surprised to see the country I have the second largest readership in is The Netherlands. I just wanted to say that that was a pleasant surprise and thanks for reading. I hope you everyone continues to enjoy the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment