I Am Chikara
Blog Entry
I was originally going to do a post today about the contents of the Chikara prize pack that arrived for me yesterday, but something far more important has come up. Last night on the Chikara 101 boards Icarus stated that he will be in Easton, PA on the 20th. Specifically, he will be at the Palmer Center at 7 P.M. For those who don't know, that is the day, location, and time that was listed for Chikara's next show before they all got listed as "Canceled".
His full statement can be found here:
It may require a sign-up for the Chikara101 boards to view it. I'm not sure. If it does, then let me summarize for anyone reading this who may not wish to sign up: Icarus tells about the first time Chikara "ended". The Allentown, PA zoning board ruled that they could not continue operating shows out of the Wrestle Factory. He talks about how they fought to turn their vision of pro wrestling into a reality. He is disappointed that so many have chosen to accept that it's over and refuses to do so himself. He says Chikara isn't some corporation. Chikara is his family. He is Chikara. We are Chikara. He wonders if we have forgotten that.
Easton, PA is a long way from where I live. If I can find a way then I'll be there, but the odds of me being able to afford the trip lie somewhere between a longshot and a pipe dream. Even if I can't be a part of it in person I'm very excited to hear that something is going down. I've never given up hope that Never Compromise wasn't the end and it looks like that faith is about to be rewarded. I don't know what will happen on the 20th, but knowing the Winged Ring Warrior, it's sure to be memorable. I encourage anyone who is capable of doing so to show up.
Another important piece of information I want to pass along for those who may not be aware of it. The Titor Conglomerate has set about selling off the assets of Chikara for the last month. A little tidbit of information that came up during that time is that they do not know the location of the Chikara Grand Championship.
What Knowwon is thinking:
1. Knowwon owes any frequent readers an apology. The last month has been sparse on updates. I'll be making an announcement soon regarding the future of my writings about wrestling.
2. Knowwon should give Icarus an answer to his question: He ended his post by saying "I am CHIKARA. Are you?" Yes, Icarus. Knowwon is CHIKARA, and proud of it.
3. Knowwon noticed that it has been a troubling year for championships in the world of professional wrestling. I understand that at Wrestlecon, Kaiju Big Battel's Grand Championship also went missing. I'm not saying these disappearances are in any way related, but you never know.
4. Knowwon wants to thank Icarus, and everyone who fought to make Chikara a reality. Icarus said they fought to bring their "vision of pro wrestling to life". After watching my first Chikara show I said "This is what pro wrestling should be". So I want to thank everyone who was a part of it in the early days. From the wrestlers to the referees to the fans who supported it in the early days, I thank all of you.
4. Knowwon wants to thank Icarus, and everyone who fought to make Chikara a reality. Icarus said they fought to bring their "vision of pro wrestling to life". After watching my first Chikara show I said "This is what pro wrestling should be". So I want to thank everyone who was a part of it in the early days. From the wrestlers to the referees to the fans who supported it in the early days, I thank all of you.
5. Knowwon knows that if he had been told a few months ago that he'd be rallying behind Icarus today he'd never have believed it. Especially since behind Icarus is where his tattoo is most visible.
No comments:
Post a Comment