Knowwon Owes You An Explanation:
My name is Daniel Gibson, but here on my blog I prefer if you call me Knowwon. This blog is the primary home for my thoughts, opinions, and interests I want to share with the world. I'm going to start with professional wrestling because it's one of my favorite forms of entertainment. I imagine things will branch out from there in later entries.
The first few entries on this blog are a sort of primer for new fans going into the Chikara Aniversario show this year. When I started watching Chikara I found all the characters and storylines fascinating. But during every show that I watched I realized that there was a lot of history that had led up to it. I was eager to hunt down every last event that had built up to what I was watching, but I realize that not everyone has the time or the patience for that chase. As I have begun introducing my friends and fellow wrestling fans to Chikara I've found that what they really want is to know what led directly to what they are seeing now. I've probably explained the Archibald Peck time travel story to ten different people. Most of them look at me funny when I do, but it catches their interest anyway. A big event like the anniversary show seemed like a good time to bring people up to speed on who is fighting who and why. My next few blog entries are an attempt to give context to those who seek it and to relate a little of my personal experience as a fan.
A few things for readers to be aware of:
1. I will refer to myself as Knowwon, or sometimes Knowwon Attawl. It's an old joke. I might even explain where it started in a blog entry someday.
2. Knowwon respects Kayfabe. For those who don't understand, that means that I will refer to wrestling storylines as though they are real events. Very rarely will I talk about a wrestler as though they are playing a part (I know that they are, but part of the fun of wrestling is acting like it's real). If I seem to despise someone because of something they have done in character it is not a reflection of how I actually see them as a person (in most cases I do not know pro wrestlers in real life), but how I view the character they are playing.
3. Knowwon sometimes talks too much. Some of these blog entries are going to be very long. I recommend that before you start you grab a drink or a snack, and make sure you are sitting comfortably. In deference to my rambling nature, the build to individual matches at Aniversario will have individual blog entries. I doubt they will all be done before the Aniversario broadcast airs, but I still intend to cover every match eventually for the sake of completion.
4. Knowwon takes awful pictures. Some of my blog entries are going to include pictures taken with my phone. It's not the best camera, and I'm not the best photographer. My apologies in advance.
5. Knowwon is biased. Everyone has their favorites and I don't try to hide mine. I make no apologies for this.
6. Knowwon is new at this. I know this isn't going to be perfect, but I am excited to be sharing my thoughts with whatever small portion of the world takes an interest in reading them. Constructive feedback is welcome.
2. Knowwon respects Kayfabe. For those who don't understand, that means that I will refer to wrestling storylines as though they are real events. Very rarely will I talk about a wrestler as though they are playing a part (I know that they are, but part of the fun of wrestling is acting like it's real). If I seem to despise someone because of something they have done in character it is not a reflection of how I actually see them as a person (in most cases I do not know pro wrestlers in real life), but how I view the character they are playing.
3. Knowwon sometimes talks too much. Some of these blog entries are going to be very long. I recommend that before you start you grab a drink or a snack, and make sure you are sitting comfortably. In deference to my rambling nature, the build to individual matches at Aniversario will have individual blog entries. I doubt they will all be done before the Aniversario broadcast airs, but I still intend to cover every match eventually for the sake of completion.
4. Knowwon takes awful pictures. Some of my blog entries are going to include pictures taken with my phone. It's not the best camera, and I'm not the best photographer. My apologies in advance.
5. Knowwon is biased. Everyone has their favorites and I don't try to hide mine. I make no apologies for this.
6. Knowwon is new at this. I know this isn't going to be perfect, but I am excited to be sharing my thoughts with whatever small portion of the world takes an interest in reading them. Constructive feedback is welcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment